Friday, October 24, 2008

I am scared




These precious days are passing so quickly. I cannot get enough of little miss Anna. I absolutely adore her. I am so in love, with not only the man of my dreams, but our sweet baby girl. How can a mother not love her child? This is sad to admit, but I am adicted to her, in a good way. No, I don't hold her 20 of 24 hours. But I do cuddle, blow bubbles, laugh with her, tickle her, read to her, play, get to her eye level, wrap her in my snuggli so she can see at my eye level...I love her.

Someone told me today that it is not that hard going back to work. She has had two children, most recently a boy on July 18th. She went back to work after 10 weeks. Honestly, is she trying to convince herself of something, or is she trying to protect me by telling me this? I am scared...

I am not scared to leave her with the sitter (my cousin Melanie--I know she will be well taken care of and loved just as I would love on her), but I am scared of what I will miss. Will I be the one with her when she takes her first step, what about her first word? Why do we now live in a society that requires two incomes--heck, my husband has two incomes, so with me that makes three! Pray, that is something I have taken for granted and taken out of the equation these days--BAD! I know that God has the best and only plan. Am I listening?

No comments: